Friday, July 8, 2011

Not meant to be "Single"

So, my husband, Gatsby, has been out of town for almost 2 weeks. It just so happens that my parents' vacation coincided perfectly with those two weeks, leaving me to be the "single mom". We found someone to watch the ButterBean for most of the days, so I could go to class and clinicals, but I did take a couple days off.
We had fun together on the 4th of July at my grandparents' house, but had to get home and go to bed before any fireworks because I had to go to clinical the next morning. The neighbors were lighting fireworks and I think that's what woke ButterBean up at 11, 12 and 3:30. I have to start getting ready for clinical at 4:25ish, so by the time he got back to sleep it was time for me to get up for the day.
Total sleep for the night: a whopping 3 hours!
At the hospital I was, of course, tired. By noon my whole body was aching. When I got home at 3:30, I had a temperature of 100.6
The next day had to be a day off from clinical, but I studied at home while the babysitter watched the babe. With a good night's sleep my fever was gone by lunch time! Apparently my body was telling me, "Whoah! Take it easy, will ya?"

I do NOT recommend going to anesthesia school with a newborn and no spouse or family nearby. It's not doable! It's insane enough going to school with newborn and amazing family support. We couldn't get through it without our fabulous families!

Thankfully, my parents came back on the night of the 6th and I was able to go there and I've been living in the basement the last couple of days until Gatsby comes home. Soooo nice to have my hands free for more than two minutes at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment