Saturday, July 16, 2011

Eating Real Food

ButterBean is almost 5 months old, and although it is recommended to introduce solids at 6 months, I think this little guy is ready. Before his first "meal" we wanted to get a high chair. When I should be studying I am very good at wasting time by researching things! I kind of knew that I wanted a wooden highchair because they look nicer. I read plenty of reviews on high chairs and debated for a while about getting the Stokke TrippTrapp, which is rather expensivo! Total when you get all the baby accessories for when they are just learning to sit up is close to $400. The chair is adjustable for all ages, so it lasts, but that's still a lot of moolah!
After more research I came across the Keekaroo high chair. Same concept as the Stokke, in so much as it adjusts from infant to adult, but half the price! I actually like the design better too. The Keekaroo has a dishwasher safe tray, which the Stokke does not.  I found a local store (the Pacifier - great store!) that carried the Keekaroo and we picked up this cute chair:



There are different fun color inserts for the baby seat, but they were back ordered at the Pacifier, and I had no patience, so we ended up with brown.

So far I like it!

And ButterBean does well in it. The first feeding of rice cereal was met with squunched up faces and little enthusiasm, but he is doing much better now! He looooves sweet potatoes - boy after my own heart!

                                                                           Not so sure about this cereal stuff
                                                                                                            
 Getting the hang of eating...kind of!


1 comment:

  1. He is precious! He is getting so big! And excellent choice on the high chair. It is so nice! I love the look of it.

    ReplyDelete