Monday, October 31, 2011

For the Love of Pumpkin

Those who know me know that I have a love of pumpkins. What's not to love? They are very versatile and oh-so-tasty in cooking, their seeds are a great snack, and I think they are cute! If I had more time right now I'd do some fun pumpkin crafts:
Rhinestone Web

Lacey Pumpkin

Glitter candle holder
So, I was a proud Mama when my own little Punkin' displayed his love of pumpkin. He has already tried pureed pumpkin and ate it like a champ. I made some pumpkin bread the other day and I while I was eating a piece ButterBean was going crazy trying to get at it. I gave him a nibble, which caused instant leg kicking and arm waving. I gave him little bites in between his "Hunhh, hunhh!" for more. This boy is definitely his mother's son!
Pumpkin-Head

Hello pumpkin!
Tonight, in the Halloween spirit I will be making Penne-Pumpkin Pasta, which I made last autumn too. I don't have any cream on hand, so it won't be quite so creamy, but still yummy! I feel no guilt with this because it's basically just whole wheat pasta, shallots, sage and pumpkin! I can't wait!
My little Pumpkin Monster
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment