Thursday, October 20, 2011

8 month favorites continued


5-8 of my favorite Butterbean-isms
5. His "persistence": My mom told me I had a "persistent personality" as a baby and I think this has been passed on to him from both Gatsby and me. If he doesn't want to sleep, he doesn't want to sleep! He'll rub and rub his eyes, thrash from side to side, and wear himself out until his body falls asleep despite what he tells it to do. A favorite move of mine is when he lies on his back with his eyes shut and shakes his head, stops, kicks both legs a few times, stops, shakes his head, stops, and on and on until he falls asleep. The version of this on his stomach is to lift his head, slam it on the bed, lift head, slam on bed, until he falls asleep.
Rubbing eyes
after much bouncing
fell asleep in the johnny-jump-up
 6. His need to grab everything and see everything going on around him: If an object is near him, he will grab it. This is typical baby stuff, but I love it. His favorite objects are remotes and cellphones. If action is going on around him, he will swivel his whole body forcefully from side to side just to make sure he doesn't miss any of it. And if you turn while holding him, he will crane his way around to see behind him. When being held in the standing position, he performs a continuous pivot/twirl to get a 360 view. He never stops.
Gimme that!
Hey, what's going on back there?
7. His cuddles: This boy loves his cuddle time. I hope it stays that way. There is nothing like lifting a baby out of the crib and having him bury his face in your neck. Mmmmm!!
looks like I need to get a recent cuddle time picture

8. His SMILE
Happy Autumn!!

Look at me! I'm 8 months old!

No comments:

Post a Comment