Monday, September 5, 2011

The Great Minnesota Get-Together

 Minnesotans LOVE their fair, me included! It's the "Great Minnesota Get Together", "the Best 12 Days of Summer"! I thought I wouldn't be going this year because it would be hard to go with a baby. But, I just couldn't stay away!! It was a much abbreviated stay compared to my usual all day affair, but it was the fair none-the-less. I think I've been at the fair for like twelve hours before!
We prepared for the fair by playing with ButterBean's toy barn. We had to get ready for all of those cows, pigs, sheep, and poultry.
Despite our preparation, ButterBean was not all too interested in the animals. We looked at the baby animals for awhile and headed out of the barns. It was so packed with people that he was looking at all of the people instead of the animals. There is always next year!

Since we were only staying a short time, I had to prioritize my fair foods. Usually I go to the fair two times each year and can space out my fatty fair foods. I cut it down to chocolate grilled sandwich (melted chocolate, marshmallows, and banana inside crispy, buttery, sweet bread),
this picture of the most delicious sandwich was taken by a friend, Ryan
 all you can drink chocolate milk, and deep fried pickles. My typical other fair foods include a caramel apple, corn on the cob, Sweet Martha's chocolate chip cookies, honey ice cream, pulled turkey sandwich, maybe a corndog. I always say that I'm going to go one day and only eat things I've never tried at the fair. There is always next year!
We went to the Eco building where my dad looked at solar panels, we looked at kitchen appliances (sigh!) and plug in cars. Gatsby is not a big fan of the fair, but he does enjoy the Eco building. We went to the Home Improvement building (another sigh!) and the Fine Arts Building to look at all of the great art. I did not get to the Creative Arts Building (some day I'm going to win a ribbon there!) or the International Bazaar, which are more of my favorites. There is always next year!!
When it comes to the MN Fair - there is always next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment