Monday, August 29, 2011

1/2 Birthday

About a week ago, ButterBean turned 6 months old. It's hard to believe how fast a half of a year has gone by and how much he has grown in that amount of time. Today he had his 6 month check up (boooo for three shots!!!) and he's still above average but slowing down in the height department. At 28" he is 89th percentile instead of the 95th, which he was at 4 months. He was so cute at his check up and kept opening his mouth wide so they could give him his oral rotavirus vaccine. He cried worse than ever though for his shots - it didn't help that this nurse took an e t e r n i t y between each of the 3 shots. He has revived though and is currently rolling around the living room, jabbering up a storm.
My big blue eyed boy
Last week, because I love baking and because I'll find just about any excuse to make a cake, we celebrated ButterBeans half birthday with my family. The cake looked a little lumpy-bumpy, but still tasted good.
Note the diagonal candle representing the "half". He's not 12, he's a "half". Gatsby gave me much grief about this :)
 ButterBean was not allowed to have any of his own cake - cruel mother that I am! He still had a great time though!

The hubby, Gatsby, is already nervous for what I have in store for his first birthday if I'm already making cakes for his half birthday. Don't worry dear, I'll try to contain myself!  It's a good thing we aren't bursting at the seams with money or I could go overboard! I love planning parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment