Saturday, September 10, 2011

Scoot Scoot Boogie

 I love this age!!! ButterBean is able to sit up and play with toys to amuse himself, is very interactive, and not mobile enough to get into much trouble - but mobile enough to be entertaining. 
ButterBean's Modes of Transport
1. The Classic Roll
Other than being carried, this is his fastest mode. Sometimes Gatsby and I will place him in the middle of our bed and lie on either end and ButterBean will just roll back and forth between us. The roll is nice, but usually he ends on his stomach, which segues into either (a) getting frustrated and crying while smooshing his face in the carpet, or (b) the Lazy Susan

2. The Lazy Susan
This move doesn't really get him any where, but it does help him to reach more toys. After he flips to his stomach, he uses his arms and legs to turn himself around in a circle. Entertaining, but not very effective transportation.  

3. Scoot Scoot Boogie
Definitely the most entertaining to me! When ButterBean is on his back he can scoot just about anywhere. He pushes himself backwards with his legs and he's off! Scoot scoot scoot. On a wooden floor, like at my parents',  he can cover a lot of ground fast. While I'm changing his diaper he just starts scooting away! The downfall of this method is that he can't see where he is going and can easily bonk his head on things. The first time I watched him do this, he scooted himself under a living room chair, which he found quite fun and jabbered at the underside for a while before I pulled him out by his feet.
"Oh don't mind me! I'm just scooting along!"
 4. Drive
Who needs crawling when you can drive? Haha! Just kidding!
I'm sure he'll start crawling soon and I'll be chasing him all over, so I'm going to enjoy these wonderful stages of his life when he is not quite so mobile!

1 comment:

  1. Carly,
    You are adorable! I love your blog!! I can't believe how big he is getting. He couldn't be any cuter!! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete