Thursday, September 22, 2011

Back to the Grind

It was a nice run...but like all good things, it had to come to an end! I had a month or so with hardly any classes and mostly clinical time. It was great because I could come home and not feel pressured to study, write a paper, or put together a presentation. No longer! I'm now going back to all free moments being dedicated to my old friends Nagelhout, Stoelting, Barrash, and Miller (all riveting authors of anesthesia textbooks!). 15 more months. Hmmm, I shouldn't have said that- it's depressing really.

Here is another depressing story. Depressing for my taste buds, but otherwise rather funny. I wrote earlier how I was waiting for my sad little tomato plant to grow an actual deliscious tomato. Well, it accomplished growing tomatoes, but failed to make them delicious. I now have a counter full a beautiful green tomatoes!
Just some of my tomato collection
I made some green tomato bread with a few of them and I'm letting some of them ripen. I've considered fried green tomatoes or salsa, but haven't gotten around to it. Tomato growing: FAIL!

This break has given me quality time with a certain squirmy SEVEN month old! He's seven months already! He's pretty goofy. I've tried to catch some pictures and video of him acting silly (shaking his head violently, buzzing his lips, sucking in his lips so he looks like an old man) but I never catch it. My camera has an orange light that glows before a picture is taken so I end up with pictures like this:

In ButterBean's defense - he did have a runny nose and wasn't in the mood for a photoshoot. The day after, he was feeling a little better and I got some good photos.
Classic: he is always twisting around and wants to see whatever is behind him

What's that? Oh, just some old anesthesia textbook calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment