Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ahh DAaahhh!

For the most part "Ahh DAaahh!" means "a dog"
We hear "Ahh DAaaahhh!" a lot!! He watches out the window for dogs that go by, on walks we hear it for every dog that passes (and every stroller that goes by) and today it took on a new meaning: duck!
This morning I took ButterBean to a pond close to our house to feed the ducks and geese. Big hit!
He wasn't scared of the ducks or the hissing geese at all! Ducks are adorable creatures, but geese...not so much! We didn't get to feed the teensy newly hatched ducklings because the geese shooed them away. I probably looked crazy, but I threw bread as hard as I could, way out to the wee duckies. ButterBean wanted to get to the baby ducks too. He tried numerous times to run into the weeds and over the embankment to get into the pond with them. 
The mama and papa geese kept hissing at ButterBean, but he would just look at them, point, and say "Ah DAaahhh!"
I gave ButterBean some bread to throw. He sort of understood the concept. He threw the bread on the ground. He then proceeded to pick it back up and eat it. So, I became official bread thrower! 
One of my fondest memories as a little girl is walking around the pond across the street from my grandparents' house with my Grandpa Andy. We would bring bread in a bag to feed the ducks and geese and then use the bread bag to pick up trash as we walked. I loved the time I got to spend with my grandpa and I always felt so proud of myself for helping to keep the pond clean! I'm glad I can now share this experience with my son. I'm looking forward to many more duck-feeding adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment