Friday, August 3, 2012

Away from home

Part of being in anesthesia school in a metro area means that I don't get very much regional experience (spinals, epidurals, nerve blocks) and so I have to go out to rural hospitals to get that! I've been 2.5 hours from home for two weeks and still have one more week to go. I've gone home on the weekends, but otherwise have been living in a call room in the hospital! It's like being back in the dorms - walking down the hall to the bathroom, needing a key to get everywhere, no kitchen. Yep. I've tried to study a bit, sit out by the lake that is only a couple of blocks away...but really I've use this time to watch lots and lots of Olympics! USA!
Three weeks is a long time to be gone from little ButterBean, so this week my mom brought him up Wednesday through Friday so that I could see him in the evenings. 
He has a had a great time with the lakes near by!
All of his running around has resulted in something he has never done before: fall asleep on the hotel floor! 


We had a lovely dinner on a golf course, where ButterBean had a great time running free! His new word is "car", which comes out like a question, "caw?". Most conversations now sounds like "mumble mumble mumble, BALL (baahhh)!! mumble mumble Caw? mumble mumble mumble naNAAHH?" I must talk to him with a lot of questioning inflection because his conversations always sound like a continuous string of questions. 
ButterBean's favorite food: Ketchup!

A baaaahhhh!!
I'm so glad he was able to come visit me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment