Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Guess Whooo Turned One?

I have a one year old. He is looking at me right now waving an animal cracker. He is one. He has been for 5 days now.
On Sunday we had his party with all of our family. It was a "hoot"! HA! No really, it was owl-themed. I personally love owls and think they are beautiful animals...and so does ButterBean. Ok, so maybe I forced the love of owls on him. His favorite book really is "Goodnight Owl", though. We read it every night and he opens the flaps. He has even begun to "Whoooo" with the owl, which sounds more like "MMhhhh"
Anywhooo, I'll share some fun from our "Look whooo is turning one party"
First, of course, we sent out the invites:
Then it was PARTY TIME!
Decorations:
"We will 'owl'ways love you!"

And we had plenty of food:
Pita chips with "hoooo"mus
Bird food (chex mix)
Bird branches (pretzel rods)





His 2 favorite foods: bananas and graham crackers


"Hoot"Beer 







and my favorite: the cupcakes!
all the little owl cupcakes in their pretzel nest
looking so wise!
ButterBean didn't eat much of his cupcake, but it was a good effort



As most babies do, ButterBean enjoyed playing with tissue paper and ribbons rather than the presents he received.
Hoot Hoot
He was such a cute birthday boy! The day went by really fast, I forgot to put out some of the food, and didn't take as many pictures as I should have. Oh well! We had fun!
saying bye bye to his guests

1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Looked like such a fun party!! Loving the cupcakes!!!
    Happy Birthday Dominic.. you are ADORABLE :)

    ReplyDelete