Saturday, December 17, 2011

Such a lucky family


I just finished a pediatric rotation for school. I absolutely love working with the little children. Who wouldn't love tickling all of those chubby cheeks and playing silly games as you wheel into the operating room? However, it breaks my heart to see these kids who have so many complications, syndromes, illnesses. It just doesn't seem fair that such little darlings should have to go through so much. If you ever want to feel totally blessed, spend a day in a pediatric ICU!! I encountered a lovely child who had gone through more than I could imagine at her young age, yet her bravery, excitement, and sweet demeanor put tears in the eyes of every person in the room. Every day when I came home, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to have a beautiful and healthy baby. I'm glad I did the pediatric rotation after having a baby. I would have been way too paranoid that he would have something wrong with him after that! Even now I worry that all of the sudden he's going to have something horrible go wrong. I guess that's what it is like being a parent. I'll never stop worrying about him! For now I'll count myself among the lucky!

That's my boy!

1 comment:

  1. I love these family pictures! What a beautiful family!! Dominic, your are too cute for words!

    ReplyDelete